CCM-Finance Hard Money Lending Team
We are a small team of hard money lenders and real estate investors with over 300 properties and many years of experience as Carpathian Capital Management. CCM Finance is a subsidiary of Carpathian established specifically to meet the funding needs of real estate investors.
Ian Colville is the Managing Partner of Carpathian Capital Management. Mr. Colville is a native of Minnesota (born in Rochester). He has a BA in Economics from Carleton College in Northfield, MN and an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and has 10 years of investment banking experience as well as 7 years of management consulting experience. Mr. Colville’s prior positions include Managing Director with Citibank – Head Equity Sales Moscow, Russia; Managing Director with Deutsche Bank – Head Equity Sales Moscow, Russia; Partner/CEO Dream House Ukraine – The largest manufacturer and builder of wood-frame structures (homes, condos, mid-sized commercial buildings) in Ukraine.
Chief Operating Officer
Matt Forster is the COO of Carpathian Capital Management. He has over 20 years of operations and execution leadership experience. Matt has held executive positions with 3 startups the most recent of which was sold to Pearson in 2010 for whom he recently served as Director, Client Services. Matt is a PMI certified project manager and has a BA in Chemistry from Carleton College in Northfield MN.
- Over 20 years of operations and execution leadership experience
- Held executive positions in charge of operations or product delivery with 3 start ups
- Most recent for whom he served as Director, Client Services was sold in 2010 to Pearson
- Began his career establishing a foundation in systems and process, working at both CSC Consulting and Systems Integration, as well as IBM Global Services
Sr. Director of Commercial Lending
Steve’s primary focus is overseeing the origination and management of the construction loan portfolio. Steve is a veteran in the space with over 20 years of lending and joint venture equity experience.
- Past 12 years, focused on homebuilder lending with Lakeland Construction Finance & The Excelsior Group, and residential real estate joint venture equity investments with Mountain Real Estate Capital (MREC)
- Managed $150M+ joint venture portfolio at MREC working closely with builder/developer partners on business plans, sales & marketing strategies, cost budgets and project bank financing.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration – Financial Management from the University of St. Thomas
Senior Loan Officer
Dane has spent his career lending to builders and developers throughout the Twin Cities area. His experience includes development and construction lending, relationship management with both customers and banks and planning and executing long-term growth strategies for four different construction lending companies. At CCM Finance he is responsible for originating and disbursing construction loans to new construction and fix and flip clients. His experience includes:
Excelsior Capital – Vice President
- Grew and managed $40 million portfolio of construction loans to professional builders
- Designing loan documents and operating documents for the new company
- Managing the marketing function for the company.
Alpine Capital – President
- Began, managed and grew an $80 million company from the start through a successful 10 year period in partnership with Scherer Bros. Lumber Co.
- Hired and managed a 13-person team to originate and disburse a varied portfolio of development and construction loans.
Builders Development & Finance, Inc. – Sr. Vice President
- Originated and managed a portfolio of development and construction loans in the western suburbs with the company that pioneered private construction lending in the Twin Cities.
- Aided development arm of the company in developing and selling 200 lots in Chaska, MN and 53 lots in Plymouth, MN to local builders.
Professional Without Corporate:
We offer professional interactions without the red tape and bureaucracy. Our clients, employees, and investors are all stakeholders and priority #1. Our Executive Team is always accessible, and a phone call away.
Direct Line Investing:
We source unique opportunities for investors based on decades of relationships with operating partners, lenders, and advisors. We provide a diverse range of opportunities that match risk-adjusted returns. We are nimble, agile, and quick to pivot to areas of emerging real estate investment opportunities.
Our investment underwriting is rigorous, comprehensive, streamlined, and based on proven processes, which identify risks and mitigations. We continuously research ever-changing market conditions to understand real estate valuations and identify optimal geographic investment opportunities.
It’s what we know and what we do well. We are long-term, strategic finance partners to builders, developers, and investors. We leverage decades of real estate experience to help our operating partners execute their business plans and achieve success.
We have a lot of experience in real estate and we understand how critical it is to be able to move quickly. When you find the right project, you’ve got to act fast to out maneuver your competition. We get that. Working with CCM Finance means you get a jump start on the process. Your need to act quickly becomes our sense of urgency. We want to get you the funding you need to start turning your project into profit.
Our local real estate experience means we can be a partner not just a lender. If your latest project has a few new twists and turns we can provide advice on a range of concerns like title issues, long-term financing and more. We’ve done a lot in real estate and financing. You can leverage that experience so you can focus on the parts of your project where you are the expert.
We want to see your project move quickly, smoothly and get you the highest profit possible. Put our team of hard money lenders to work for you.